- Programming Languages: Bash, Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, NodeJS
- Operating Systems: Linux, BSD, OS X
- Databases: MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Elasticsearch
- Monitoring: Nagios/Icinga, Zabbix, Sensu
- Metrics: Datadog, Collectd, Graphite, InfluxDB
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Deis, Helm
- Cloud: AWS, Google Cloud
- Misc: Git, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Terraform, Travis
Senior DevOps Developer/Technical Security Lead
Jan 2016 - Present
- Migrated all existing applications from Heroku to our own Kubernetes cluster(s) running in Google Cloud.
- Implemented consistent monitoring and metrics across diverse services.
- Responsible for performing internal security audits as well as working with third party penetration tests.
Jul 2013 - Jan 2016
- Architected cloud based infrastructure for a java based SAAS product.
- Automated environment creation and release deployment.
- Supported legacy perl/php application running under apache.
- Responsible for tuning and maintaining both master/slave MySQL instances and Percona XtraDB Cluster.
Software Engineer II
May 2011 - Jul 2013
- Planned and maintained a VMware based lab for capacity testing, running 175 virtual machines across 5 VMware servers.
- Known for my flexibility and ability to work in all areas of our code base.
- Develop management software for a RedHat based project. Mainly focused on the installer, RPMs, and platform management scripts.
- Lead developer for efforts to move our product into the cloud.
Northern Michigan University - Telecom
Aug 2009 - May 2011
- Maintained phone and data networks on campus.
- Used nagios as well as custom scripts for monitoring network health.
- Worked with analog and digital phone systems along with Wi-Fi, WiMAX, and wired data networks.
Jan 2008 - May 2011
- Lead the conversion from a Windows based architecture to Linux.
- Built internal cataloging system, local music database, and blog system.
- Maintained a Linux based server dedicated to our web based catalog system and online audio stream.
Software Development Intern
May 2009 - Aug 2009
- Developed software for viewing hardware test results and scheduling new tests.
- Administered MSSQL database for storing hardware test results.
- Computer Technician
Northern Michigan University - Housing
Nov 2008 - May 2009
- Customized an online housing application using PHP, Smarty, and Oracle.
- Maintained computer equipment within the office, including employee workstations and four windows based servers.
Northern Michigan University
B.S. Computer Science